Military and First responder discount 10% 0ff at booking!
Come ride with us!
Here's a snapshot of trail!
(One may prefer to turn sound off 1st)
- We offer you a unique, personalized, or private, riding experience, on open trail, tailored to all experience levels; including all gaits (speeds) of the horse, to preference, and riding level. We also offer lessons Do we lope/canter with the correct riding level? Yes, we do.
-Trails can be booked by specific appointment times, or our suggested ride times. Just call,or book online.
-All trails come with a complementary up to 30 minute, instructional, warm up time, in the arena.
- Trails start at $85.00.
-We match our riders to specific horses according to previous riding experience; this includes higher trained horses for Seasoned riders. We ride both Western and English. -We can accommodate both beginner riders, and Seasoned riders, on the same trail, while each type of rider remains relaxed and at their preference level. Would like to ask us more questions? Please do! (214)-584-8698 call or text. www.Chisholmtrailrides@yahoo.com email
- Please check the trails or Lessons tab(s) for specific details.
- We offer riding, for both adults and children. - We are by appointment, pleas call, text, or email.
- Our trail riding is NOT follow the leader, it is open trail riding. This allows us to ride to the level of our rider, whether it's a walk, trot, or canter. -We have horses of all different levels, and all different breeds, including Gaited horses and Arabians.
- We cater to the rider who has never ridden a horse before, and also to the rider who is just getting back into riding, or rides frequently. We ride both English and Western. - Had a horrible riding experience, but want to ride again? No problem, some of our best reviews come from clients in your same boat.
- We offer groups of 2 or more, up to groups of 8 riders(larger groups available with seasoned riders riding) are welcome: Come ride with us! (Semi private rides are rarely larger than 6 riders).
Our mission, & Commitment to our Riders and Equine Partners:
Chisholm trail rides was established to give riders of all levels, a place they could learn, and ride, different levels of horses; as if they were their own. We want our riders to be able to enjoy the love and passion of riding, without the pressure, time, expense, and deep, long term, & emotional involvement, horse ownership requires; before, if ever, they are ready.
We strive to achieve this by being particularly discerning of our horses disposition, to offer a steady, good minded horse. We also offer horses that are well maintained, with ongoing training done by staff, to keep well trained horses. We refuse to cut corners on our equine friends.
We want everyone, from our adults, to our children, to enjoy this amazing partnership by providing all levels of horses, and riders; without pressure to lease, buy, or sell a horse. If our clients choose to buy in the future, we want them to have plenty of time to find that final, perfect partner.
We want our riders to be able to truly learn to really ride. This includes being able to communicate with different horses, and ride in different environments. We want to teach every aspect of being a horseman to our lesson clients, without skimping on saddle time, and instruction. We offer several different venues for riders to practice their skills.
We refuse to use any tricks, that puts money above horsemanship. We will not cut corners on our horses, or the safety of our riders, and their equine partners.
We are also committed to helping our community through our various programs for Military, Police, Fire, and foster children. We continue to help our equine community by taking horses that are at a seriously dangerous level of starvation, and neglect. We bring them back to the magnificent animals they were meant to be, and give them the job of helping riders enjoy riding.
We will never sacrifice our principles for any cost to our riders, or our equine partners.
We very much appreciate all input from our clients. We always go above and beyond to try to accommodate them. If there are any concerns, or suggestions, we would greatly appreciate an email with that information. We are always striving to grow and accommodate our clients.
Things to know:
- If a booking session says it is closed & call, or there are no more slots available for regular riders, please call to confirm.214-584-8698
If a regular rider, Please do not book under slots for seasoned riders.*
-*** A seasoned rider, rides horses consistently, and has ridden for years
- If the rider(s) have only ridden mostly follow the leader trails, or on vacation,this is not a seasoned rider.
- Our "step up" horses are categorized this because: they are more trained, have lighter cues, and have naturally faster gaits. If a novice "clamps down" on a above novice horse, it is going to comply and move out faster, immediately.
- We spend A LOT of time making sure we can offer a highly trained horse, that is extremely solid on trail, to our upper level riders.
*If a rider is at an above novice level or higher, and feels our seasoned rider horses are too forward for their preference, we will do everything we can, to accommodate a ride; with one of our main horses. (Our "step up" horses are very calm and steady, we have never had this issue, our seasoned riders have always fallen in love with them!)
**If the rider is from out of this country, and rides, there's an excellent chance you are able to ride one of our "step up" horses. If you want to ride one of our Arabs, they are so light, you need to be at least advanced intermediate. Please call, text, or e mail us & we'll be happy to make sure you are well matched.
*******If one overrides our online booking system, books as a seasoned rider, & their riding level is beginner, or novice, we WILL NOT REFUND.*****
Things you need to contact us about before you book any hours:
- Weight over 200#. This needs to be determined on a case by case rider basis.We do have horses for over 200#, but we do need a call first. More muscular, Height to weight ratio, or more experienced riders usually can weigh more. We need to know, prior to booking.
- If you don't speak English for any reason. Obviously there is a communication gap at this juncture, even with an interpreter. Again, experience level of both the rider and the translator will come into play here. As a rule of thumb, expect to need to take a lesson prior to trail. Definitely call us first.
- Please note: you are booking a time slot. Since we turn away other paying riders for that slot, the payment is non refundable. for late cancellation or no show riders.
Just want to interact, brush a horse,without riding? Please contact us. We don't charge for interacting with our horses, but do need to schedule times.
. Our discounts Programs
- We also have a military discount program. 10% off
-Police and Fire are 10% off as well
(we simply ask the guides get their tips)
Active duty military or police officers will receive a 10% discount. If for any reason a Wounded Warrior cannot ride, we more than welcome them to come spend time with the horses.
-- Groups of 5 riders or more will have an automatic gratuity of 18%
Ready for your ride?